This recipe came about because on the weekend, my mum gave me a bag full of delicious home grown tomatoes, I had fresh basil in the garden and I had a bag full of zucchinis in the fridge already.
This recipe is quick and easy, and it’s not heavy. It doesn’t give you the full, bloated feeling after eating wheat pasta!
3 large zucchinis
1 garlic clove
1 handful fresh basil
1/3 cup walnuts
1 packed cup of spinach
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1 large carrot, diced finely
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
1 stalk celery
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp paprika
2 cups chopped tomatoes (fresh, not tinned)
1/4 cup raw nuts (walnuts or pecans work well)
- Spiralise the zucchinis and place in a large bowl
- In a small food processor or blender, add garlic, basil, walnuts, spinach, avocado, oil and half the lemon juice.
- Process until it looks like a pesto
- Mix the pesto through the noodles. Add the finely diced carrot.
- In a blender, add the remaining ingredients (except the nuts) and blend. Blend until it’s a combination of smooth and chunky.
- Add the tomato sauce to the top of the pasta and top with the nuts.
I wasn’t planning on posting this until the weekend, but I saw an old work friend tonight and he wanted the recipe.