This week while I have been preparing dinners, I’ve been multi-tasking and making the next days salad as well. Today was also the day we started adding whole grains back into our diet following our 15 day juice fast. This is a relatively quick, easy and delicious meal to make ahead of time for lunches or dinners!
1/2 cup quinoa (uncooked)
1 sweet potato, diced into small cubes
1 small red onion, chopped into chunks
1 tsp. olive oil/oil of choice
2-3 large handfuls of spinach
1/2 red capsicum, diced
2 small radish, diced
400g can of chickpeas
1 carrot, diced
1 avocado, sliced in half (dice one half, save the second half)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter (NATURAL ONLY!)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 tsp soy sauce
pepper to season
- In a small bowl, combine the sweet potato, onion and first lot of oil. Mix.
- Bake in a 200 degree C oven until the sweet potato is tender.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa in a small saucepan and cook according to the packets instructions and then allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, capsicum, chickpeas, radish, carrot and avocado.
- Using a stick blender, combine the second half of the avocado, peanut butter, olive oil, soy sauce, pepper and about 1-2 tablespoons of water (depends on your preferred consistency) until it makes a creamy dressing.
- Once all elements are done, combine and serve.