1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup oat milk
1 1/2 cups carrot, grated
2 1/2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
Vegan butter for frying
- In a small bowl, whist the milks, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup until combined.
- Add in the carrot.
- In a separate (larger) bowl, put the remaining ingredients (except the butter) and mix thoroughly.
- Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients.
- Mix until just combined.
- Melt some butter in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Pour the batter into the pan slowly, evenly and in small rounds.
- Once the bubbles appear on the uncooked side, flip them over.
We served these with coconut-coffee ice cream and maple syrup! They are also delicious when they are cold as a snack.