1 cup of uncooked brown rice (makes approximately 3 cups of cooked rice)
1 tbs oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1cm ginger, grated
1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
500g of chickpeas (approx.)
1/2 red capsicum, chopped into large chunks
1/4 butternut pumpkin, steamed until JUST tender
A couple of handfuls of kale, torn up
Slivered alomonds, toasted
Juice of 1-2 lemons
1/4 cup or less of Tamari (soy sauce)
- Cook the rice according to the instruction on the packet
- Toast the almonds (minus oil) in the oven on 160 degrees C for approximately 8 minutes, stir and then toast again for another 8 minutes
- In a medium frypan or wok add the oil, ginger and garlic and fry for a few minutes until fragrant
- Add all the vegetables and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft, but not wilted
- Add the rice and stir together
- Add the lemon juice and tamari. To taste.
- Top with slivered almonds, salt and pepper.
Delicious! Makes a great lunch the next day.