- 2 large potatoes, washed
- 400g tin of black beans
- 400g tin of organic diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
Corn & Tomato Salsa
- 1 ear of fresh corn, cut off the husk and lightly steamed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 continental cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced finely
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon xylitol (or other sweetener)
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 small red onion, diced finely
- 1/4 tomato, diced finely
- small squeeze of lemon juice
Cashew Sour Cream
- 200g cashews, soaked for at least 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- squeeze of lemon
- dash of apple cider vinegar
- water as needed
- Ensure the potatoes are thoroughly washed. Wrap them in alfoil and prick a few times with a fork. Place them in a 190 degree C oven whilst preparing the rest of the meal.
- For the tomato and corn salsa, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and leave in the fridge to cool while preparing the rest of the meal. (The xylitol or sweetener helps to take away the acidity of the tomatoes).
- In a small ramekin combine the avocado, onion, tomato and lemon juice. Use a fork to mash the avocado and stir in the ingredients. Set aside.
- For the Cashew Sour Cream, place the cashews, non-dair milk, lemon and apple cider vinegar in a blender until smooth. Add water if the mixture is too stiff. You can put as much or as little lemon and apple cider vinegar in it as you like, it depends how ‘sour’ you like your cream to be. I prefer it to be less ‘sour’, so only usually use the juice of half a lemon and perhaps a tsp or less of ACV.
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomatoes, beans and spices. Gently warm over a low heat until warm.
- When the potatoes are soft, take them out of the oven, unwrap the foil and cut a cross in the potato.
- Spoon in the bean mixture, add guacamole and then the Cashew Sour Cream.
- Place the Tomato and Corn Salsa on the side.