2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp. vegan butter
1 onion, diced
3/4 – 1 tbsp. curry powder
2 small carrots, diced
1 large potato, diced
1 cup of dried red lentils
1 large tomato, diced
3 1/2 cups of stock
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp. onion flakes
1/2 tsp cumin
salt & pepper to season
Cashew Sour Cream
1 cup of cashews, soaked for 30 minutes
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan add the garlic and vegan butter and fry on medium heat until butter has melted and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the onion, and cook until soft
- Add the curry powder and stir to combine
- Add the carrots, potato, lentils and tomato. Stir to cover the vegies in the curry mixture.
- Add the stock and simmer until the lentils are soft and cooked. About 20 minutes.
- Add the onion flakes, garlic powder and cumin.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the cashew sour cream, add all ingredients to a processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve in individual bowls and stir in a tablespoon or more of cashew sour cream.